There be pictures here!

There be pictures here!
Darksiders II

Friday, November 4, 2011

Rusty Hearts

So I was watching some Aion PvP videos on youtube out of boredom and one of the channels had videos of a game called Rusty Hearts. Now, being the well educated MMO player that I am, I had to check it out and see what this unknown game was. So I go to the site and see that its made by the same people who did Perfect World and their slew of cookie cutter MMOs that I could never understand why anyone bothered with. This was a definite put off. Burying my unease about the developer, I decided to download and give Rusty Hearts a try.

RH (Rusty Hearts) is a side scrolling hack n' slash game that provides you with an option of using four characters, each with their own unique weapons, skills, and overall playstyles. I chose to play as the vampire guy with the sword. Not because I like vampires, I like swords and I did not want to play as the gauntlet guy just because his name is "Tude"...I have standards, I'll take angsty vampire over anyone named Tude. The game plays out with horrible voice acting and a very annoying UI but despite that its decently fun to plow through the dungeons on various difficulties. There isn't much to talk about when it comes to combat...you have a basic combo, an air combo you'll never use, and some skills to work with. The enemies are pretty basic, you got your skeletons...fish people...odd looking bosses.

The thing I liked more than anything else is just the way everything looks. It kinda reminds me of an old school hack n slash in a weird vague kinda way. I really liked the skill animations though, they were quite well done and really gave a good sense of impact.

Outside of all that stuff there isn't too much to talk about...I guess I could mention that the towns absolutely blow.

Anyway, RH is a good F2P game if you're into hack n slashes and have some time to kill. I can't see myself playing it much in the future, just wasn't my thing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment