There be pictures here!

There be pictures here!
Darksiders II

Friday, November 16, 2012

Guild Wars 2: Lost Shores

Today marks the start of a weekend long event in the vast world of Tyria. This will mark Guild Wars 2's next content expansion and allegedly some game changing events that will culminate on Sunday the 18th.

I've enjoyed Guild Wars 2's extremely well designed world quite thoroughly, it may even be my favorite aspect of the game as a whole. In addition to the slew of events this weekend there will also be a new PvP map introduced, a long needed addition to the stagnating PvP content that pushed me to shy away from the game to begin with.

So, what can we expect this weekend? My current expectations are quite lofty considering ArenaNet put on some absolutely fantastic events while I was playing GW2 such as a map-wide Zombie PvP match and a survivor-type attrition event. Both of these were incredibly well done so I have high expectations for the events this weekend. My main question right now is one of direction. I want to see how ANet defines itself with this weekend's events. They will largely determine, for me, what kind of game GW2 will become.

From the sound of the advertisements I'm expecting some colossal boss encounter on Sunday that changes the world of Tyria in a significant way(s). If GW2 wants to preserve their initial intent to have a constantly evolving, dynamic world then this kind of content is exactly what I've been waiting for and completely justifies my return to the game this weekend.

This is GW2's chance to pull some of its more reluctant audience back into the fold and keep them interested. I'm very excited to see where things go!

If you're interested in participating in the Lost Shores event then please drop a comment so we can see about sending out some invites perhaps.

0 comments:

Post a Comment