There be pictures here!

There be pictures here!
Darksiders II

Monday, October 31, 2011

Thoughts before playing Limbo

As I have decided to embrace the more creative side of my brain for a while I find myself paying a special attention to the various messages conveyed through the games I play. Typically I'd find myself analyzing the more mundane aspects of games that are consistent throughout any game such as the mechanics, what works, what doesn't work, what caught my interest, whats new about this game, etc. Meaning almost lost its foothold in my brain as I play through game after game...sometimes its just hard to find meaning in most mainstream games. So I challenged myself to search for meaning in each and every genre of game (Yes, even FPS).

I figured Limbo would be a good place to start doing this since I haven't played anything other than the demo and it struck me as a game that is just wrought with meaning. Even the art style just drips with emotion and plays a key role in setting the tone for the game and defining the universe that Limbo takes place in.

More later, class now. Just some thoughts.

0 comments:

Post a Comment